BENEFITS OF THE GOSPEL

 







      The Benefits of Preaching the Gospel

The gospel, the message about Jesus’ life, death and resurrection, is the central message of the Bible. It is the message that God is seeking to communicate in all of his word. And so we preach the Bible rightly as we seek to preach the gospel by prayerfully expounding God’s word.

Beginning with the desire to preach the gospel reminds us to preach the Bible s the word of God-the word that calls on everyone who hears, every time they hear it, to respond with obedience and faith. We must not preach the Bible without calling on people to respond to it. Further, by aiming to preach the gospel we remind ourselves to preach the whole of the Scriptures with reference to Christ, the point and purpose of all of God’s work in the world. In short, by aiming to preach the gospel, we remind ourselves to preach the oracles of God as the oracles of God.

1. Glorifies God - I Cor 10:31 - Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. The gospel allows us to turn our hearts and minds toward glorifying God in every thought, word, and deed.


2. Grace is Sufficient - 2 Cor. 12:9,10 - My grace is sufficient for my power is made perfect in your weakness. The gospel gives us the supernatural enabling to do the things that exhibit God’s power in our greatest time of weakness, infirmity or suffering.


3. Gladdens the heart - 2 Cor. 12:9,10 - Most gladly therefore will I boast in my weaknesses that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For when I am weak then I am made strong. The less I have the more I depend on Him. The gospel gives us plenty of reasons to find that the joy of the Lord is our strength, health and help in the times of greatest need.


4. Greatness of God - I Chron. 29:11 - Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all. The gospel empowers us with the fact that God is greater than any problem, person or predicament we face. He makes us more than conquerors through Christ who loves us and gave Himself for us.


5. Gifts Given Freely - Matthew. 10:8 - "Freely we have received therefore freely we give." Let us give freely in all ways as the Savior has freely given us all things to enjoy.


6. Goodness of God - Nahum 1:7 - The LORD is good, a strong refuge when trouble comes. He is close to those who trust in him. John 10:14- "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me. Psalm 23 - Surely His goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." The gospel gives us all of God’s required righteousness, commendable virtues and the essential benefits that are an expression of the goodness of God in our lives. No one preach the gospel without reward. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT IS LOVE IN GOSPEL

THE FALL OF SATAN

TRUTH ABOUT THE GOSPEL